Upon appearance hives, you will feel an itching, burning, or stinging on your skin, and can appear anywhere on your body. It will also vary in sizes, they can either be as small as a penny or as a big as a dinner plate and can last for hours to one day before it fades. And for that reason, a best treatment for hives is necessary to be able to get rid of it immediately.
Hives are known to appear on your skin out of nowhere, it may either be as a result of your body’s reaction to a certain kind of allergen or for an unknown reason. You will usually see a sudden outbreak of wheels or swollen pale red bumps on your skin.
Is Treatment Necessary?
- Is Treatment Necessary?
- Top 10 Best Treatment for Hives
- 1 Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment
- 2. Helios Urtical Cream
- 3. Blossom Balm All Vegan Skin Care Formula
- 4. Puriya Cream
- 5. Cetaphil Pro Restoraderm Body Wash
- 6. Raw African Black Soap
- 7. Raw African Shea Butter
- 8. OxyHives Natural Hives Treatment
- 9. Tea Tree Oil Soap Bar
- 10. The Yellow Bird Peppermint Tea Tree Soap Bar
Urticaria, or commonly known as Hives is a type of rash that appears on your body. Hives are often associated with certain types of allergic reactions. However, they can also be triggered by a couple of factors like:
- Stings or Insect Bites
- Cold Temperatures
- Other Fundamental Conditions
Identifying the cause of the problem is important. If you can identify the cause of your rashes, you can avoid yourself from making a contact of the cause, and prevent the hives from reoccurring in the future.
The appearance of hives usually fades after several hours or a day and doesn’t usually need a treatment. However, if you experience any of the following below, you would need to seek an immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Swelling of Face or Throat
These conditions may be a sign of a severe reaction of allergy, and will an immediate medical care to avoid the condition from worsening.
But if you want treatments that will help ease the discomfort and speed up the process of healing, continue reading down below.
Top 10 Best Treatment for Hives
If you can’t the discomfort that your hives are giving you, then consider getting a treatment product that will help relieve the irritation and itching feeling caused by the hives.
The most important part of treating urticaria is by knowing what the causes are, and the proper way of how to treat them. But if you can’t find out what the cause is, for the meantime you can use some standard treating methods such as lotions, creams, bathing soap, and other kinds of products.
The listed products below are the best treatment methods that you can get in the market, the recommended products are the most effective products when it comes to relieving the itching, burning, and swelling symptoms from the hives.
1 Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment
The Aveeno brand is one of the most trusted products for treatment because of its natural ingredients. Aveeno contains colloidal oatmeal as its main ingredient for treating itchy, irritating feeling on the skin. Oat is actually a natural ingredient that is most recommended by dermatologists. Oatmeal can help restore your skin’s normal pH, and help maintain your skin’s moisture barriers which help protect and prevent your skin from drying.
This product is not a cure in any means, but they will help soothe the symptoms of your hives and make you feel more comfortable. This product is perfect for those who have dry sensitive skin.
- Soothes Irritating Symptoms
- Great for Dry Skin
- Contains 100% Natural Colloidal Oatmeal
- Dissolves in the water
- Works Great for Eczema, Dermatitis, Chicken Pox, and other kinds of allergies
- Can sometimes clog the drain
- Dissolves slowly
2. Helios Urtical Cream
This urtical cream is made out of organically grown Calendula and Urtica plants, which has also been combined with the essential oils of Lavender and Roman Chamomile to create a soothing application. It is very useful for treating urticaria, minor burns, eczema, and other kinds of irritating symptoms and conditions such as burning and intense itching on the skin.
The Helios Creams does not contain any petroleum derivatives, lanolin, or artificial preservatives. The exception of these ingredients makes them gentle enough for most sensitive skin types.
- It comes in a very convenient 30g tube
- It is made from organically grown Calendula and Urtica plants
- Fast Acting Results
- Nourishes and moisturizes skin
- Has a wonderful herbal smell
- Too small for the price
- Not effective for certain kind of people
- It sometimes gets damaged upon shipment
3. Blossom Balm All Vegan Skin Care Formula
Since the ingredients of this product consist of a synergistic vegan blend, you will see that this product is more effective than most standard treatment products for skin conditions. This is great for soothing your hives as it will provide a long lasting relief from the itch, while also improving your skin’s rashes, wounds, burns, and dry skin if you have them.
If you are looking for a multipurpose skin care, then you can finally stop your search as this product is the one that you are looking for. It is great for soothing hives, burns, wounds, psoriasis, eczema, shingles, and more.
- Instant relief of itchiness
- Soothes and repairs your dry, cracked skin
- Relives burn pain
- Reduce the flair-ups of rash
- Reduces the redness and swelling
- It has a 100% money-back guarantee
- It is not effective in some people
- It has a very strong odor
4. Puriya Cream
Like some treatment for hives cream in the market, Puriya also promotes a 180-day money-back guarantee. The Amazon store may promote a refund a 30-day refund policy, however, they may not process the refunds under certain conditions. So for an easy full refund, you may contact the Puriya store within 180 days.
This mother of all creams product doesn’t only provide an instant relief from flaky, itchy, dry, or cracked skin, but it can also actively reduce the pain and improve your damaged skin cells.
- It works as an intensive moisturizer
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- It is free from harmful chemicals
- Help soothes your hives immediately
- Promotes a 180-day money back guarantee
- Can be safely used on hands, scalp, and feet
- It has a natural smell
- Not applicable for those who are allergic to peppermint oil, chamomile, or tangerine oil
- Cannot be used on children that are under 5 years old
5. Cetaphil Pro Restoraderm Body Wash
This is a remarkable product when it comes to skin care. The main ingredient of this product that makes it wonderful, is its soap-free content which doesn’t irritate the skin. Cetaphil products are designed to protect, replenish, and soothe the skin that is prone to eczema, hives, and other kinds of skin condition.
This product contains tea tree oil that can work wonders to seborrheic dermatitis, urticaria rashes, and for the extremely sensitive skin. Also, this product contains a patented cleansing technology that offers rich suds, which leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Works perfectly well for those who have sensitive skin
- Can be used for babies that are 3 months old
- Makes your skin feel soft and smooth
- Moisturizes and cleanses your skin
- Soothes itchiness
- Can be used on the face
- Cannot be used as a shampoo
- Lacks plastic seal on the bottle’s neck
- Some people don’t like the smell
6. Raw African Black Soap
This skincare product is 100% made from natural ingredients, it is the best natural soap that you can find in the market. This African Black Soap can be used to treat all kinds of skin problems, including dry, oily, moderate, and rough skins. If you have hives, this soap is the perfect solution to immediately the symptoms like rashes, swelling, and itchiness.
Aside from hives, this wonder soap can also help remove the scars that are caused by pimples, eczema, and psoriasis. The soap is commonly used for itchy scalp, sensitive skin, skincare, rashes, skin hydrating, and more.
- It is 100% made from natural ingredients
- Can be used on hands, face, feet, and head
- Highly suitable for all kinds of skin types
- Naturally rejuvenates the skin
- It can help reduce the early signs of aging on skin
- Controls overactive oil glands
- Controls bad body odors
- This product is not suitable for those who are sensitive to caffeine. The soap contains cocoa that has the presence of caffeine
7. Raw African Shea Butter
Here is another raw African product that you can use for treating a hive, but this time, instead of soap, it is created as an unrefined shea butter. This is the most precious form of the shea butter product. Unlike the other products, this product undergoes the least amount of processing possible, without being deodorized or heated.
The natural healing powers of this shea butter are extraordinary, it can treat your whole body from stretch marks, psoriasis, burns, chapped lips, cracked heels, hives, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, insect bites, rashes, itchy skin, acne, and more.
- Excellent as a night time moisturizer
- Can be used as a lip balm or as a lipstick base
- Reviews have said that it is very effective on eczema, hives, scalp dermatitis, and rosacea
- Priced reasonably
- Helps prevent wrinkles and fine lines
- It can last for a year
- The nut and woody smell might seem peculiar to some
- Not good to be used during the day as it takes time to sink into the skin
8. OxyHives Natural Hives Treatment
The OxyHives product is a natural solution and homeopathic to help relieve the uncomfortable symptoms of hives, this product won’t cause you to get drowsy or cause other kinds of side effects. This is developed by the homeopathy experts to efficiently relieve multiple symptoms of hives.
The ingredients are a mixture of all-natural ingredients, which have also been used for many years to treat the symptoms of hives. With the blended ingredients, they have successfully created a powerful formula that will help you get rid of the irritating hives.
- It comes in spray form
- Works effectively are some people
- Can be sprayed anywhere in the body
- Perfectly safe
- It has no negative side effects
- Not effective on some people
9. Tea Tree Oil Soap Bar
This tea tree oil bar soap works naturally as an antibacterial soap. It can fight off odor, fungal infections, itch, and rash. Tea tree oil is highly well-known substance for its natural anti-bacterial property. This soap can effectively soothe the symptoms of your hives, it is also effective in fighting off acne.
The product is handmade from coconut oil and olive oil with shea butter to thoroughly cleanse and moisturize your skin. Since the bar soap is made from natural ingredients, it is safe to be used on your hand, face, and body.
- Effectively relieves irritated skin
- It is unscented
- Can help reduce body odor
- Soothes the symptoms of hives
- Effective on many kinds of skin conditions
- Can be greasy on hair
10. The Yellow Bird Peppermint Tea Tree Soap Bar
Feel energized and refreshed with this peppermint soap. It is included with cajuput and tea tree essential oils that help eliminate the odors and keep your skin healthy. It can also treat certain kinds of skin conditions like hives, eczema, acne, jock itch, athlete’s foot, ringworm, and more.
This soap can help relieve you from rashes and dry itchy skin. The soap is free from chemicals and doesn’t contain alcohol, parabens, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, or artificial dyes.
- It works as a multi-purpose skin care soap
- Made from natural ingredients
- Doesn’t contain any chemicals
- Handmade in the USA
- It guarantees your satisfaction
- Doesn’t work in some people
- It dries out the skin
- The scent can be a bit strong to some
You should try purchasing a few treatment products for hives to know which product is effective for you. Not all skin treatment products are effective for everyone, which is why trying two or three different types of treatment products is necessary to know which product is for you.